"Dilapidations' is a term used to describe the breaches of lease covenants that relate to the condition of a property, either during or at the expiry of a lease term”
Dilapidation is a complex area of Landlord and Tenant law. As expert surveyors in this field, Inform are able to guide Landlords and Tenants through the Law and specific procedures relating to dilapidations. Acting on behalf of both Landlords and Tenants we have successfully produced and negotiated numerous claims ranging from £10,000 to £6,500,000 and have provided strategic advice for occupiers in order to mitigate their obligations.
We also offer others dilapidation related services which include the following:
- Pre-Lease Surveys, providing advice on how to limit your repairing obligations.
- Schedules of Condition, for appending to a Lease or Party Wall etc.
- Assessment Of Dilapidation, for either a Landlord or Tenant to help provide a strategy for dealing with dilapidations prior to the end of a lease.
- Break clause advice, to ensure compliance with works prior to lease expiry.
- Tenant alterations, applying for Landlord consent or monitoring and advising on the works proposed by a Tenant on behalf of the Landlord.
A claim can become litigious. Inform Surveying work with various solicitors to assist in the process. We have specific RICS Expert Witness training to ensure we provide professional advice to our clients.